Floriani Stabilizers & Tips
We carry the entire line of Floriani stabilizers
Download a Free Floriani Quick Reference Stabilizer Guide
Floriani Water Soluble Topping provides a smooth stitching surface for your machine. When the machine has to maneuver around loops and grooves in the fabric, it will affect your stitch quality. This product is completely water soluble and provides fantastic stability on the surface of your fabric by keeping your stitches elevated.
- Use on high pile fabrics such as fleece, terry and towels
- Use on textured fabrics such as corduroy, seer sucker, and velvet.
- Use on knits and lycra/spandex.
- Use to shield some fabrics from hoop burn
- Once opened, keep Floriani Water Soluble Topping sealed in an airtight ziplock type bag or Tupperware type container.
To use Floriani Water Soluble Topping:
- Place the stabilized garment in the hoop and secure the hoop on the machine. Complete the centering and alignment of the design.
- Cut a piece of Floriani Topping slightly larger than the size of the design and place it on top of the fabric.
- Secure the Topping to the surface of the garment with scotch tape or by moistening the corners slightly and then sticking it down to the garment or the inside edges of the hoop.
- Complete the embroidery.
- Tear away as much of the topping as possible. Remove any remnants by moistening with a damp cloth, Q-Tip or steam from an iron.
*Tip - If your embroidery design is a satin stitch type embroidery and/or doesn't have an outline, use a wet Q-Tip to go around the edge of the design before tearing any of the Topping away. This will prevent any distortion of the stitching.
This unique product is a fibrous water soluble stabilizer and does a superior job of supporting dense embroidery designs. Embroider most free standing lace with just one layer! Its clean rinse capability makes it the best choice when using it with delicate fibers such as yarn scarves or English netting. It is now available in a fusible as well as a sticky version.
*Use the fusible version on sheer fabrics such as organdy, organza, lame, sheer silks and more to establish a solid type fabric that is easier to hoop and embroider. Once the embroidery is complete, all the stabilizer rinses away and will not shadow through.
*Use the sticky version of Wet N Gone® to embroider delicate designs on hard to hoop items such as the corners of handkerchiefs, silk blouse collars and more.
- Create free standing lace and use just one layer for most designs
- Perfect for making appliqués, decorative pins and/or 3-D embroidery.
- Rinses clean leaving no messy residue
- Use as a topping for wide satin stitch designs on high pile fabrics for perfect results!
To use regular Wet N Gone® for free standing lace and/or embroideries:
- Hoop one layer of the stabilizer within the embroider frame. Try to achieve "tight as a drum" tension without stretching or distorting the stabilizer.
- Embroider the design.
- Remove the product from the hoop and trim away as much of the stabilizer as possible.
- Rinse away the Wet N Gone® using luke warm water. *Tip - If your desire is to have the lace stiff, simply get the embroidery wet. Don't rinse! Once it is wet, the stabilizer will be absorbed into the stitching and will dry stiff.
Wet N Stick® is offered in a tearaway version which comes
lain or with one inch grid markings and a Cutaway version in black or white. This remarkable stabilizer is coated with a water activated, silicone based adhesive. It is an alternative to pressure sensitive "sticky" paper products and/or messy spray adhesives. Most home embroiderers have at some point experienced problems with peel and stick products gumming up their needles as well as the designs registration not lining up correctly. This happens because they mistake "paper" for stabilizer. The main differences between Wet N Stick® and these products are that Floriani's is a stabilizer not paper and the adhesive doesn't get sticky residue on the needle. The adhesive on Wet N Stick® can be re-activated multiple times for easy re-positioning of garments. Wet N Stick w/Grid is unique because it offers one-inch grid lines which are especially appealing for lining up cuffs and collars or border designs. The cutaway version of this product is available in black or white. Use Wet N Stick Cut away when you need to stick down a sweater knit or a bulky stretch garment such as a sweatshirt, chenille or fleece pullover. It is important to use a "cut away" stabilizer on non-stable fabrics such as knit for the best embroidery results.
- Perfect for bulky items such as towels, robes and blankets
- Use for fabrics and garments that get "hoop burn"
- Use for hard to hoop items such as napkin corners, collars, cuffs, etc.
- One layer of the tearaway version will support around 8,000 to 10,000 stitches on an average size, well digitized design (Cutaway 14,000)
- The adhesive can be re-activated several times